Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 32 | Saturday | August 10

Weather is so good to me today, it was raining when I woke up, again, it felt like I want to sit down, watch the rain pour down my window and sit a hot cocoa, but I have to work. When Im about to leave, rain stopped and I arrived at work dry but cold. I thought I will be working in and out today but ended up working outside alone during the arvo and during the night with a help of Ruby. It was great! 

Actually, I found Ruby a great person to work with. I just felt offended when my owner said to me I have to watch their performance outside, I don't know if she know or not, but it was actually not allowed if you're doing the waiting. It can cause trouble. I made a practical test before and I failed doing the service because I was running around. I can run from the counter and kitchen but as soon as I stepped on the servicing area. That is not allowed anymore. It's a massive no-no. Walking fast either, well there's a certain way to make things faster. I don't actually think I can change the system, because I told the owner how things to be done with the service to up scale the sales but She didn't listen, well, I also learnt from my experience that Im in no position to said anything but only to suggest. I mean, if that's how they want to things roll. I guess, I just have to follow. 

Im very fond to change things go there but I don't think I can, these are the moment where I wish I can bring my staff with me, I can positively say that the cafe that's once oblivion to everyone will be back on it's game. I don't know really, but things are going well anyway, I mean they kept telling me summer is coming sp like customer is coming but what I want is not just customer during summer but customer during winter too, because I have changed a restaurant on my own ways of servicing that doesn't have customer durinf winters too but now is always fully book. Not 5 star but felt like. I have a customer today who was shocked when the owner gave her the menu from the door. She said she heard that you are being guided from the door to your table but now she didn't. I bet it was me but hey, you will be lucky if it was me. Anyway, It don't really phase me. Not my business anyway, but I care for the customer. That's what is.


I work with this girl Ruby, I showed her the photo of Nate, she said he looks like Alex Pettyfer and lIke, she stopped calling me on my name but called me as Alex Pettyfer'a boyfriend or Mrs. Alex Pettyfer. Gracious god. He does actually. Haha. That slag'


Im off now, wprk tomorrow, but needed more enegery as it was my brother's birthday tomorrow. I don't know what to give him though. 


Nigeltv
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment